The GIPHY SDK is now Open Source
September 27, 2017 by
This week at GIPHY we are excited to announce the open-sourcing of the GIPHY SDK. This change takes the same code that powers some of our own products and creates an even simpler process for integrating the GIPHY API. Available for iOS, Android and various other programming languages, the code can be found on Github under the Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0. Where applicable, binaries are published to public repositories.
- iOS https://github.com/Giphy/giphy-ios-sdk-core
- Android https://github.com/Giphy/giphy-android-sdk-core
- Python https://github.com/Giphy/giphy-python-client
- Ruby https://github.com/Giphy/giphy-ruby-client
- PHP https://github.com/Giphy/giphy-php-client
The SDK supports a variety of features available in our API, to name a few:
No need to re-invent the wheel: If you use GIPHY in your application, the SDK provides you with a library that will have you programming your application logic faster. If you think we have missed a feature, or have a idea for something new, provide a PR and after review perhaps we will merge your work into the SDK! We’re excited to welcome your pull requests and can’t wait to see what you build.
– Bogdan Tirca, Cem Kozinoglu, Cosmo Cochrane, David Hargat,
Gene Goykhman, Jillian Fisher and Zack Kantor